Friday, May 18, 2012

Big sister Sofia

Sofia's going to be a big sister, and she can't wait! It could happen any day now, as I'm 11 days from my due date (guess date). I'm ready! Sofia is going to be the best big sister! She tells me every day how anxious she is to meet the baby, she talks to the baby an kisses my belly all the time. She holds the door open for me and says, " you go first, you have a baby in your belly" but also tells me I should take the stairs for more exercise. Walking a block right now is plenty of exercise for me. Climbing stairs has been reason to reroute on the train. Seriously, I'll go 7 extra stops to get to the station with the escalator rather than climbing over 100 stairs. Now, AFTER the baby, I'll be walking all over the city, no problem. I hope I stay in as good of shape after the baby as I have during the pregnancy.

Last week we had a "becoming a big sister" tea party with a few of Sofia's friends. I made a special book for Sofia that's all about her. And a T-shirt that says "I'm the big sister". The kids played, had cucumber tea sandwiches and chamomile tea, then chocolate fondue with fruit for dipping. We ended with a trip to the park. Sofia even got gifts, which I was not expecting but she got a couple cute books about being a big sister. Very cute!

I just hope she will stay excited after the baby comes! I hope she'll be the big help she claims she will be and how I see her with other babies. I know she will also need extra love and attention.

We will soon find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment